The French Development Agency (Agence Française de Développement - AFD) is willing to finance International and National Jordanian Civil Society Organizations or other Non Profit Organizations (CSO/NPO) to implement a project aiming at improving the economic empowerment of Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanian in the agriculture/rural sector (see the Terms of Reference (ToR) in Section VII).
This project will be funded through AFD Minka Middle East Initiative. Established in 2017, its objective is to provide multiannual support to Syria’s neighboring countries. This regional program seeks to finance development projects that mitigate the vulnerabilities generated by population displacements and strengthen the resilience of the host countries. AFD has earmarked a grant of maximum EUR 10 million to fund one single project, with a duration of maximum of 36 months.
The project will be selected based on a project concept note (see template in Section III), to be provided together with an administrative file (Section IV) and information sheets (Sections V and VI), to be submitted electronically at the latest by 12 pm, Paris time, on Monday, May 11th, 2020. Late proposals will be rejected.
The selected CSOs/NPOs will be then invited to complete their appraisal processes, working closely with the AFD Project team, and submit a final comprehensive project note. This final note must include any points arising from the discussions with AFD, thus allowing the Project Manager to present the projects to AFD's governing bodies.
Economic empowerment of Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanian in the agriculture sector
The call for proposals "Economic empowerment of Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanian in the agriculture sector" (the "Call") aims at financing one development project managed by International and National Jordanian Civil Society Organizations or other Non Profit Organizations (CSO/NPO). The applicant can apply individually or as a consortium. In both cases, the Project Lead Institution (or PLI):
- Must be registered in Jordan;
- Must have a local office in Jordan, and be used to working closely with local actors;
- Must have past experience in project implementation in Jordan, especially in the agricultural and rural development sector, and in social cohesion activities;
- Should be able to collaborate smoothly i) with the Jordanian authorities (especially decentralized technical services at governorate and/or district level), as well as ii) with AFD local office in Jordan and AFD headquarters;
- Should have the capacity to implement large projects: must demonstrate a capacity to implement and manage financially and logistically projects of the scale of the proposal. In this respect, the turn-over of the lead organization over the last three years must be at least 3 times the amount of the proposal. It will sign the financing agreement with AFD